|I am a PhD student at the University of Michigan School of Information. My advisors are Qiaozhu Mei and Paul Resnick . I received my Bachelor's degree from Northwestern University.
My research interests lie in the spaces of NLP, information retrieval, scientometrics, data mining, and social network analysis. I'm particularly interested in how to use ad hoc semi- or unstructured knowledge bases to accomplish useful and interesting tasks in other domains.
- Carton, S., Park, S., Zeffer, N., Adar, E., Mei, Q., Resnick, P. RumorLens: Visualizing the Audience of Competing Memes in Social Media. Eighth International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (2015)
- Resnick, P., Carton, S., Park, S., Shen, Y., Zeffer, N. RumorLens: A System for Analyzing the Impact of Rumors and Corrections in Social Media. 3rd Computation + Journalism Symposium
- Hecht, B., Carton, S., Quaderi, M., Schöning, J., Raubal, M., Gergle, D., Downey, D. Explanatory Semantic Relatedness and Explicit Spatialization for Exploratory Search. Proceedings of ACM SIGIR 2012. New York: ACM Press.
- Bao, P., Hecht, B., Carton, S., Quaderi, M., Horn, M. and Gergle, D.. Omnipedia: Bridging the Wikipedia Language Gap. Proceedings of CHI 2012. New York: ACM Press.
Honors and Awards
- Rackham Regent's Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2012
Last Updated: March 2013. Based on Prof. Qiaozhu Mei's homepage.